Home Buyer's and Seller's Guide to Radon
EPA's booklet is intended for anyone who is buying or selling a home, real estate and relocation professionals, home inspectors and others.
- If you are buying a home or selling your home, have it tested for radon.
- For a new home, ask if radon-resistant construction features were used and if the home has been tested.
- Fix the home if the radon level is 4 picocuries per liter, or pCi/L, or higher.
- Radon levels less than 4 pCi/L still pose a risk, and in many cases, may be reduced.
- Take steps to prevent device interference when conducting a radon test.
Visit EPA.gov for more information.