RadonLeaders.org
Skip top navigation

Cancer-causing radon gas shuts Portland school cafeteria

The cafeteria at Alliance High School in Northeast Portland has been closed after a second round of testing showed dangerously high levels of cancer-causing radon gas, Portland school district officials announced late Friday afternoon.

The test results indicate they were emailed to the school district on Tuesday; it was unclear why school district officials waited three days to make them public.

Alliance, a small alternative high school emphasizing professional-technical skills, is located on Northeast Alberta Street and serves about 200 students, mostly age 17 and older. Its building is the former Meek Elementary...

Read full article at he The Oregonian/OregonLive: http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2016/06/cancer-causing_radon_gas_shuts.html