Utah’s National Radon Month Featured on Website
by Margaret Henderson
The Utah Department of Environmental Health focused on National Radon Month in special coverage on its website. http://deq.utah.gov/ProgramsServices/programs/radiation/radon/
Two 30-second YouTube videos (one in English and one in Spanish) give a short explanation of the importance of testing for radon. Activities listed on the site include presentations on radon for January and February 2017:
- Radon Awareness Night was held at South Jordan City Hall, January 25th, where twenty free radon test kits were given away.
- Radon Awareness Night at South Salt Lake, February 9th where twenty free radon test kits were to be given away.
The website also explained the focus of the radon program:
- Radon Resistant Construction
- Real Estate Disclosure and Testing
- Local Government Coalitions
- Public School Testing
- Radon Awareness (Testing and Mitigation)
For more information about radon in Utah, contact:
Indoor Radon Coordinator Phone: (801) 536-0091
FAX: (801) 533-4097